PETIT is a privately owned company operating 18 beautiful long day care centres across Queensland, NSW, Victoria and ACT. At PETIT we believe in providing an inclusive environment where children and families are valued, where children are respected, and their rights are always upheld and advocated for. We recognise and promote individuality as expressed through a child's language, interaction and learning styles. We strive to inspire children in their unique potential for learning EVERYDAY!
We work collaboratively, recognising that our educators and teachers draw from a wide range of qualifications and experience. We provide opportunities for a shared approach to pedagogy and best practice within the early years education and care. As an organisation, PETIT values diversity of culture, backgrounds and interests. We reward commitment and authentic engagement with children and families as well as dedication to each individual’s role.
We are currently looking for an exceptional and inspiring Early Childhood Teacher to join PETIT at our Murwillumbah centre. The role is for a graduate or an experienced and passionate teacher who believes in supporting the learning and development of children through warm and respectful interactions. An ability to build and nurture relationships with educators, children and their families is essential. In addition to delivering a play based curriculum based on contemporary practices, you will be responsible for mentoring and guiding educators in your room as well as collaborating with the Centre Director and Educational Leader to provide pedagogical leadership to the team. We want someone that can inspire children in their unique potential for learning every day!
- Experience in an Early Learning setting;
- Bachelor in Early Childhood Education and Care or ACECQA assessed equivalent. We would consider someone actively studying towards a Bachelor qualification if they are able to demonstrate their skills and commitment (qualification must be completed by 2022);
- Show a clear understanding of the National Quality Framework (NQF), Queensland Kindergarten Guideline (QKLG) and Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF);
- Be willing to work as part of a team to provide high quality education and care for children;
- Express a genuine passion and interest in contemporary pedagogy;
- Demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills;
- Available to work Monday to Friday – 38 hours per week
- Attractive Hourly Rate
- Above Award non-contact hours per week
- Staff Childcare Discounts
- Regular Professional Development Opportunities
- First Aid and CPR Training provided
Eligible applicants MUST hold appropriate qualifications as well as hold a current Working with Children Check, First Aid (including Asthma & Anaphylaxis Training) and CPR certificate.
We are keen to hear not only from experienced teachers but also graduates who want a great start to their career. If this sounds like the opportunity for you hit the "Apply for this Job" button to send through your resume and cover letter. If you want more information on the role, please call our recruitment team on 1300 173 848.
Please look at the Petit website: www.petitjourney.com.au/careers