PETIT is a privately owned company operating 18 beautiful long day care centres across Queensland, NSW, Victoria and ACT. At PETIT we believe in providing an inclusive context where children and families are valued, where children are respected, and their rights are always upheld and advocated for. We recognise and promote individuality as expressed through a child's language, interaction and learning styles. We strive to inspire children in their unique potential for learning EVERYDAY!
We work collaboratively, recognising that our educators and teachers draw from a wide range of qualifications and experience. We provide opportunities for a shared approach to pedagogy and best practice within the early years education and care. As an organisation, PETIT values diversity of culture, backgrounds and interests. We reward commitment and authentic engagement with children and families as well as dedication to each individual’s role.
Our Marian centre is currently seeking an EXPERIENCED Lead Educator to join the PETIT family in our Treasurer Cover (4 years to 5 years) studio. Our centre is looking for a lead educator that is ready to take the next step towards their skills in leadership development. You will be responsible for mentoring and guiding educator practices in your room as well as collaborating with the Centre Director through ongoing leadership meetings. You will also connect with like-minded early childhood professionals and work towards a shared vision for the centre. You will also have access to career development pathways and the support of a leadership team who genuinely want you to realise your full potential.
- Experience an Early Learning setting;
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care or ACECQA assessed equivalent or Actively working towards;
- Show a clear understanding of the National Quality Framework (NQF) and Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF);
- Be willing to work as part of a team to provide high quality education and care for children
- Express a genuine passion and interest in contemporary pedagogy
- Demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills
- Available to work Monday to Friday; 10am to 6:30pm - Closing shift with availability to rotate.
- Above Award non-contact hours per week
- Staff Childcare Discounts
- Regular Professional Development Opportunities with Kelly Goodsir
- First Aid and CPR Training provided
- Uniforms provided
- Sleep Smart Training provided
Eligible applicants MUST hold the appropriate qualifications as well as hold a current Working with Children Check, First Aid Certificate (including Asthma & Anaphylactic Training) and CPR certificate.
If this sound like the opportunity for you? Just hit the "Apply for this Job" button to send through your resume and covering letter. If you want further information regarding this role, please call our recruitment team on 1300 173 848.
Please look at the Petit website: www.petitjourney.com.au/careers/